WONDERLAND

WONDERLAND

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Sunshine and Ruins.

Buenas noches

It’s raining!! It was such a wicked night running through the streets in the warm rain! Stunning city, so old school Spanish. THE BEST.

We leave Oaxaca tomorrow and I’m actually pretty ready to move on, not that I don’t love Oaxaca but stoked to see what’s next :-)

Let me fill you in on my amazing Oaxaca experiences. We’ve had ‘Free days’ here, open to explore or chill as we please. The first day we had here (Yesterday) we had a market day. We had the best Tacos ever.. lol I say that every time but they are that good..every time!!

We also tried freshly made ice-cream… For 10 pesos (like 80 cents) and chili crickets! Lol yep, I ate crickets today, just casually haha

Today was an epic day filled with happiness and sunshine. This morning I got up early while keno was still sleeping to go see some more ruins! Monte Alban. I wasn’t going to go but when in Mexico right?? Don’t know when I’ll next be in Oaxaca haha 

SO glad I went, took so many photos, seriously amazing. The history here is so interesting, we just don’t have anything like this in Australia. When I’m looking at the ruins I just cant believe what I’m seeing? So grateful man.

When we got back to the city we had to go into lockdown!! Mexico. I’m in Mexico. When we walked back to the main square police were everywhere!! All in a straight line, fully decked out with protective gear!! Hundreds of them. 10 buses parked blocking the street. Once you passed the Police and the buses, you then see 400 (okay maybe a tiny bit dramatic but definitely 200) Mexican men with Machetes and giant wooded and metal poles. Wot da hell.

Definitely didn’t feel safe.. Ernesto our tour guide went off way before we hit the square so it was only like 4 of us travelers walking though it… Got me a little nervous. I know Mexico is a lot safer than everyone says it is, but it’s still Mexico and Protests or whatever today was can still get really ugly.

I just wanted to get back to the hotel pronto. All the local shops were closing due to the riot so also probs not the best sign. I was glad when I got back and Keno was still at the hotel. She was going to do more market shopping at the square before all this craziness went down, but the hotel told her to stay in.

What a sight that was man.

This is just going to be a chill/swimming in the pool afternoon I think. So glad I saw Monte Alban today, that connection between nature/history and you. Idk what it is but it’s beautiful.


Till next time mi amigos x

No comments:

Post a Comment