WONDERLAND

WONDERLAND

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Mexico City, Puebla and Oaxaca

It’s Tuesday afternoon and I’m listing to the rain in my hotel room in the Beautiful city of Oaxaca

We left Mexico City yesterday afternoon for a city two hours away called Puebla. Unfortunately we left Puebla this morning at 8:30am for Oaxaca. (6 hours)

Puebla was my favorite city so far I think!! It’s what I imagined Mexico to be like. A lot cleaner than Mexico City! Puebla also has that real Spanish-European feel to it but with that Mexican pride!! Green and red flags, banners and lights everywhere!! Puebla and Oaxaca are both very colourful. BONITA!

Before we left for Puebla yesterday we went 30 mins out of Mexico City to see some ruins. Plaza da la Luna the moon pyramid (or temple). This is where ancient Mexicans ( 3000 years ago) would come to become gods or ‘to become like gods’ such an amazing view!! It’s really such a stunning country!

I STILL CANT BELIEVE IM IN MEXICO!! TE AMO MEX!!

^^^^lol I am really inlove with this place! Okay, so after we saw the moon temple we always climbed the sun temple. Wicked steep stairs haha

Not going to lie Keno and I are both early on our periods (sorry not sorry)…so this long information session about stories of early Spanish men was a bit much for us! We were dyingggggg. What is the Mexican version of Panadol? I was trying so hard to embrace every second though, still 100% loved it and I’m so freaking grateful!!

After the pyramids we went back to Mexico City for lunch. Since I was had Tamales for breakfast I was craving McDonalds so bad for some reason. We couldn't find a close Macca’s so we just got these yummy Mexican burgers from the café next to the hotel. Lol Sarah, but Tacos tacos tacos ever since!! Promise!

We caught a bus to Puebla with American movies on the screen.. with Spanish voice overs of course. The best! Once we got to Puebla I was firstly in love but secondly soaking wet from my water bottle leaking through my bag. Gaaaaay. We all went up to our hotel rooms and got changed quickly. Puebla is STUNNING!! Best view from our hotel room!

We walked around the streets for a while before dinner and mate the town is breath taking! Like soooo pretty there! My tour group always laughs at how excited I am over everything!! The hype girl lol. But I’m just so stoked to be here.

You’re welcome everyone.

After dinner we went to….Nacho Libre!!!
Straight up Mexican wresting! It was so insane!! Such an amazing experience seeing all the local Mexicans getting so into it. Mexico, you are crazy cool!

This morning we came to OAXACA. This is also a beautiful city. Pretty knackered though!! Glad we are in this city for more than 18 hours or whatever Puebla was.


Mexico you are seriously amazing x



No comments:

Post a Comment