WONDERLAND

WONDERLAND

Friday 19 September 2014

Playa del Carmen

What a day!
It was my last full day here in Playa del Carman.. Props to me for being so full on all day!

Mannnnn I feel like I’ve been in Mexico for ages but at the same time I still don’t believe it. It’s like I’m dreaming with my eyes open. “she be day dreamin”

ANYWAYS. This morning I woke up nice and early headache free :)
We were all meeting down stairs at 10am to go out for breakfast. Haha but it was just Keno, me, Ernesto, Tayla and Alex. Everyone else was dead to the world. To much coco at Coco bongo hey? ;)

Lol soon to joke, still so devo I couldn’t go last night..

Ernesto was meant to be taking us on a short walk to get breakfast but he totally got us all lost hahaha walking for forever in the hot hot sun and we were all so hungry. No me gusta. He felt so bad that he bought us all smoothies hehe

I’m really going to miss these fancy pancy breakfast’s with the best people in the BEST place! We all ate like kings then split up for the day.

Keno needed to post some postcards so we walked all around the city to find a post office. I was spewin I didn’t bring a hair tie because I was getting some serious sun and my dress was backless, perfect tanning opportunity!

After the post office I was melting so I needed to go swimming before we did more shopping! We walked practically to Narnia to get back to the hotel haha so dramatic ;)

Our hotels this whole trip have been amazing! Not fancy, well some have been, some also quite ghetto but each of them have been so unique to the place we were in. This hotel in Playa is pretty amazing, our sliding door in our room leads onto the rooftop pool!! Just the best.

When we got back Ernesto was in the pool, he’s such a big kid haha slashing me to get in the pool faster!

After we cooled down we went shopping, we ran into Ernesto later and he was so bored haha so we all knew it was time for the BEACH!!! Ohhh I was so ready for some ocean vibes! Playa is beautiful!!

When we were swimming the sun just started to set, so perfect!

After beach and husband stalking mahahha it was time to stop looking homeless and find my hairbrush that I haven’t used in way to long lol
It was nice actually getting pretty for dinner :-)

Dinner seriously was once of my favorite moments. Such a perfect end for it being the last night together! The restaurant was so funky! Legit on the beach, with mini bon fires and a stage with live performers doing all sorts of things. When we first arrived they were performing acoustic covers! My all time favorite music Best vibes.


The food was to die for; nacho’s and Mexican coke!! After dinner Ernesto got us to go around the table and tell each other our highlight of the trip, the worst part and how this trip has changed us.

Ahhh this was the best idea, It was so cool to hear others and their thoughts on this trip and what they are taking away from it.

What did I say? The best part?
SO HARD, obvs the sinkholes were so amazing but honestly it was the small things, my first day in Mexico city, all those simple Spanglish convocations I’ve had and just embracing every second. It has legit been a dream to come here and I’ve done it.

The worst part? Eating some funky street food and getting sick from it haha yolo but I really didn’t get that sick compared to others.

How has Mexico changed me? Well this kinda surprised me, I knew it had but I hadn’t thought about it until that moment when Ernesto asked. Firstly I think it put a lot of curiosity to ease but it also reconfirmed the love I have for this culture and how much I connect with this place. I learnt it’s okay to be a dreamer and to the chase them. I learnt how people all over the world want and need the same things. It’s made me even more Latin in love. I’m going to study Spanish again and come back to this side of the world.

Hearing everyone’s highlights tonight was so moving, haha I was getting a little teary, typical. It was such a beautiful moment though. Ernesto then told us his highlights and gave us this BEAUTIFUL travel speech. Really inspirational.

Life is so beautiful, the world is so amazing and travelling is so important. It’s so true that every place changes you. How truly extraordinary it is to be able to say you’ve seen how the other side of the world lives.

Perfect night x


No comments:

Post a Comment