WONDERLAND

WONDERLAND

Saturday 13 September 2014

San Cristóbal de las Casas

I am so tired.. oh my lanta but I’ve had the best day.

I had another one of those ‘life is beautiful’ days. Found myself smiling from ear to ear just because of the experiences I’m having. Let me fill you in on my fantastic day hehe

We started our day pretty early because today I had the amazing opportunity to go visit the homes and communities of the indigenous Chiapas Mayans!!

WOW

What an eye opener!! I learnt about the VERY simple lives they live, about the religion they still practice including the spirituals sacrificed they still perform. (I even saw them sacrificing a Chicken and using fizzy drinks, mostly Coke in their Ceremonies!)

I learnt about the different calendar they go by and the different language they still speak to this day. Nothing even close to Spanish!! The two different communities are similar but quite different. One wears black or white fluffy wool traditional clothing while the other community wears traditional cotton clothing with flowers.

Today seriously was so interesting. I love how travel opens your eyes, and lets you meet such beautiful people. Travel is education.

These people I met today live such simple lives, but are still so happy. It makes you think about what really makes us happy and how we are individually in charge of creating our own realities and happiness.

Felt very blessed today to be able to visit the houses of the Mayans.

After we got back we were starving and Keno was keen to eat at the chicken place from yesterday. We ate a whole chicken between us. I can seriously eat so much hahaha and Keno and I love food way too much.

After food we wandered back to the hotel to meet the other to go market shopping. Just as we got back to the hotel it started pouring!! We needed to wait the rain out a little, so Ernesto took us to the trendiest teahouse. So hippy and Mexican. IN LOVE. Drank some delish Chai tea while watching the rain. San Cristobal looks so incredible beautiful in the rain. Had the loveliest of chats with everyone at the teahouse.

After the rain lighten everyone couldn’t be bothered going to the markets anymore but Keno was still keen to get gypsy pants so that means I had to go as well.

But so happy I did hahah we had the funniest time. Shopping and laughing our heads off. We bought these bracelets off this beautiful Colombian man with long hair. His English was pretty good as well! We fell in love. Maybe Colombia might just be my new thing hahah jokkkkkkkking!

We didn’t just shop at the markets this time, also went shopping at actual stores. Like the funkiest Mexican stores. You start thinking differently when you are in a different country and I was thinking how expensive everything was because it wasn’t market prices. But when I actually thought about it for more than one second it was still so cheap compared to Australia.

HAPPY SHOPPING TO US

We were pretty tired by the end of our shopping and for some reason it was so busy today it’s like the whole of Mexico decided to be out and about today, but that made the city so alive. So many buskers and street performers!

Before we headed in for the night we did need to go to the bakery and get breakfast for the morning since we are off to the jungle tomorrow!!! Such a hard life hehehe


But we do leave at 5am….yay haha but nahhh It’s totally fine. This has seriously bee the trip of my dreams, everything I needed to see but coming to Mexico has been so surprising in so many ways. Life is beautiful ladies and gentlemen ♥ ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment