WONDERLAND

WONDERLAND

Wednesday 17 September 2014

I believe in Magic


I AM IN LOVE WITH MY LIFE!!

WOW

Today was seriously up there in the top 3 best days of my life!!!

We went to some magical sinkholes today, now when I say magical I legitimately mean MAGIC. Out of this world beautiful.

We left Merida this morning and drove an hour out to the middle of nowhere THEN we had to drive another 45 minutes, but not by car my amigos…via DONKEY!! 

What the crazy!? Haha okay not that crazy but I’ve been dying to see a donkey since I’m in Mexico and today was my lucky day mahehehe :)

The donkey ride was way awesome, we were in this humid green tropical jungle so that also meant BUGS. Hahaha so funny watching Keno fight for her life chopping the bugs in the air. Seriously love this girl! 

Once we arrived I didn’t really realise what I was about to see, didn’t really have any expectations. We climb down this mega long ladder into darkness.. I went towards the end so one by one all you can hear is “OH MY GOSH” and “WOW” as everyone reaches the bottom.

It really was "oh my gosh wow wow wow!"

In this random cave was crystal clear turquoise water with a little crack in one of the rocks above us so the sunlight was streaming though onto the aqua water just making the water around it look like diamonds. MAGIC.

I definitely have photos so I hope my extremely long description was necessary lol. Always get so into it when recapping my day ;)

We spent the next hour jumping and swimming in the magical water. The ledge you jump off was pretty high, like probs the highest thing I’ve jumped off in ages but with a view so pretty how could I not take advantage of this moment in life.

After we swam it was time to go back to the donkey lol. We went to the next sinkhole. Could totally get use to this donkey transportation thing haha so Mexican.

We get to the next sinkhole and oh my beautiful. From clear turquoise to bright blue! But deep blue. Looked like someone had dyed the water!! This sinkhole also wasn’t as in-closed; more open but still just as stunning. We spent another hour exploring the magic water.

Seriously these sinkholes would be enough for anyone to fall in love with Mexico! 

We got keno a life jacket for the second sinkhole; she was soooo happy haha happy as Larry swimming around! She’s the cutest. #asianproblems

After we swam, back on the donkey we went, then another hour back home… We were all starving!! It was about 3pm by this point and we all hadn’t eaten at all. But then the best thing happened!!

STREET FOOD

Say it with me people, oh my happiness. Just bought these goodies from someone’s front yard. I think they were enchiladas? But they where so different to anything I’ve ever had before. Huge! Corn bread outside but really bread like, not like corn and crumbly as per usual.

Don’t know how they do it, but Mexicans do it the best. And keno paid for my lunch as well (like 15 pesos lol so nice) but she bought me back a Mexican coke! She knows me so well. Perfect lunch I swear!!


AHhhh wish I could put today on repeat, just the best day! x


No comments:

Post a Comment