WONDERLAND

WONDERLAND

Sunday 10 November 2013

Picture perfect Mountains

There is something amazing how fresh places can make you feel so alive; so grateful for life and life’s gifts.

“It’s a great day to be alive”- Christy

Christy’s words set a theme for today, but how true her words are.

We finally went to the mountains!

FINALLY

We’ve talked so much about going to Canmore together!

I thought I loved Banff but mate Canmore killed it today, way less touristy

Oh it was so beautiful; like picture do not do it justice, but I did try!!!

Took so many picciess

Us girls all met at Zumiez at 10am this morning so we could open and set up the store for the 16 year olds who will be running the show today while we go explore the mountains lol

Seee yaaa Zumz

The drive was really cute, Roadtrip with the best girls

Once we arrived we met up with Christy’s friend Tanner who lives Canmore.

We went to his house first

HOLY HIPPY

So cool man

Hammocks, Bob Marley posters and tie-dye everywhere

And so many bongs lol

Welcome to the mountains eh?



He lives in this huge house with so many roomies from all over the world

The mountains were legit outside the door, all around you

Everywhere you look

What the perfect.

We all got lunch at this cute café, Pesto, chicken and apple wraps.
Don’t doubt the apple, it was amazing.



Walking back to the car that’s when I first realized that my shoes suck, zero grip.

In fact they had a pretty shinny soul, so on any floor they would be slippery but in the icy snow….

And Huston we have a problem!

But it added to the adventure hahaha
I think I did fall over like 68 times today though hahaha ohh the best stories.

Tanner the tourist guide for the day took us to some wicked places that only locals would know about!

He first place he took us was the best

Like words cant even!!!

It was magical, so freaking Canadian

AHHHH THE BEST



Once at the top of the mountain all of us were sharing positive advice and inspirational quotes.

SO cheesy it hurts; but seriously such a perfect moment that I’ll remember for the rest of my life.

This is what I love about the mountains, they speak to you soul. Makes you reflect on life and the importance of you.

If I were in charge of building churches, they would all be on top of mountains.
Or just in really beautiful places.

After we embraced the view it was time to get down. If I thought getting up was hard, omg getting down was insane hahahaha
In the end I just gave in, let my self just slide down like I was doing some funky shoe-skiing thing hahaha

Tanner thought I was the funniest person on the planet

Haha not going to lie, I was being pretty funny trying to get down haha
He kept telling me to come live here, well it’s kinda late hombre…kinda leave your beautiful country next week!

Our next stop was the AMAZING LAKE.. but we didn’t stop at it just yet, we kept driving

Unknown adventure

We kept exploring the wilderness; we drove and drove through think layers of deep green pine trees. So twilight.

So much untouched pure white snow around us! MAGIC.

We hit the end of know where and got out to embrace the perfectness,
If I wasn’t in love with Canada already, I would have just fell in love!

Christly turned evil and tacked me/destroyed me in the snow!! Chelsea also got taken down!!
It was so fun BUT so cold, like zero feeling to my face!

After our snow fight the mountains began to speak to us so we danced for them.

Perfect moments.


We got real weird, and it was only fitting that we did our African dance we do at work. That dance kind of brought us together and now we are dancing together in the middle of the mountains.

I love these girls so much!! They are my soul sisters, we were meant to meet each other! I learn so much them everyday, and grow hugely from their energy.

Christy and Chelsea will be a lot of what I miss about Canada.

After tanner was finished drawing in the snow haha we went and saw the lake

THAT LAKE



I am seriously so blessed to have seen such beauty with my own eyes. Will always remain so grateful!!

Since we all work at a skate store together we had to go see the local skate store in Canmore! The guy who was working got a lot more chatter once we told him we work at Zumiez in Calgary. Hahaha man we pretty much sold him on Stance socks, since we were all wearing them! haha

Hire us please

This store was sooo cool though, like really neat and clean.
Only had the best things, unlike Zumiez which always has way too much stock and so much random crap with cats on it hahha

Nahh the cat shirts are cool.

But working here would be the dream, instead of looking out to the mall you get to look out to the mountains and the lake.

This is what dreams are made of

We all got pretty hungry by this point; we also didn’t know how long we were going to stay? But Tanner is a chef here in Canmore, Fancy boy. So he was going to cook us a Sunday family dinner! We all went to shops to buy ingredients for chicken parmies. Christy bought fancy wine, so I knew that we weren’t going home tonight hahaha oh goodness

We all met Tanners roommates while tanner was cooking for us. Such hippies, the best though.

Tanner has this Australian roommate that the girls were frothing hard over…especially Chelsea! She is going to be in trouble when she comes to Aus!
This Aussie guy was such a tool hahahah like dero as, like never never would I ever. But we still got alone since we are both Australian.

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE



Dinner was amazing! I was very impressed with Tanners cooking, very fancy!
We all got so full so we cut up all our left over chicken and put it on a plate for Tanners roomie Forest!
Forest was the cutest person I’ve even met hahaahha he was so funny it hurt! He’s British and while we were all dancing he says

“Oh the dog just slurped the spaghetti right out of the bowl” OMG with his accent it was so funny hahhahhahaha like still laughing about it while I’m writing this!!

We dance and laughed for so long in this house, the best time.

JD the French Canadian roommate from Quebec was be so flirty flirty..
I thought he was very attractive, like homeless hippy with his French accent but then I met the other French roommate Richard!!

Oh. My. Gosh.

Why don’t I live here?

Richard was legit a modern day Capitan Jack Sparrow! So freaking hot!! He had long hair with like beads in it? And tight jeans on with boots, tattoos everywhere and this leather vest that he pulled off so well hahaha

Such a babe

When we went for this mid-night hike up the mountains to this amazing night view of Canmore and flipping captain Jack Sparrow/Richard was climbing the mountain skipping In his boots with a bottle of whiskey in his hand singing his head off!!

Who even are you!?

When JD and Richard were speaking French to each other I was gone… way to attracted to them

I love you Qubec

After our hike on the way home, Christy was doing mad donuts in the snow hahhaha Canmore brought out the wild child in Christy!

Rip me.

But I was so happy when we actually got home alive haha

I was sooo tired, I just fell asleep with Chelsea listening to Captain Richard singing and playing the guitar till 5am


Best day/Night in Canmore ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment